Christ Child Society is a small, membership-based, non-profit organization serving the needs of children in the Washington, D.C. area. Our workforce consists of motivated, passionate and supportive employees working together to further the mission of our organization.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to work out of our main office located in Northwest DC. This person will assist the Director of Finance and Administration with accounting and related business functions of the Society.
This is a part-time position of approximately 16 hours per week, reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Responsible for all journal entries associated with Christ Child Society’s Opportunity Shop sales;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process consignment checks;
- Manage all accounts payable;
- Assist in the preparation of sales tax filings for the Opportunity Shop;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines on multiple tasks.
- Independent self-starter and good listener who can discern required steps to achieve goals without specific task direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and financial software.
- Minimum three years’ experience in accounting environment.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Due to the number of applicants, we will only contact those that are selected for an interview.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, gender or age (except where gender or age is a bona‑fide occupational qualification, as defined by law), genetic information, or physical or mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).